HTML article galley downloads instead of displays (HTML plugin is installed) and no access to dependent files

Version: 3.1.2.0
Upgraded from: 2.4.8.3

For the most part, the article galleys moved and display fine after the upgrade. However, there is one article galley I found that does not display correctly. There are actually two problems and I can’t tell if they are one in the same for this article:

The article can be found here:
https://journals.uic.edu/ojs/index.php/jbc/article/view/9567

Unlike all the other HTML article galleys in this journal, it does not open in the browser and downloads instead. The HTML plugin is installed.

Also, when I navigate to the backend (Production tab), it does not give me access to the dependent files.

If I try to make a new HTML galley, it does not allow me to upload dependent files. When I created a second HTML galley, again it downloads the HTML instead of displaying it.

We looked at error logs. There were none.
We looked at the files in the database and there are 4 dependent image files associated with this article but I can’t access them through the interface.

Thanks,
Janet

Hi @Janet_Swatscheno,

I suspect your system has incorrectly detected the file type of the HTML files. See the file_type column of the submission_files table.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Where does ojs get the file_type from? We have some very strange file_types.

Thank you,
Lisa

Hi @loleary,

Depending on what’s available on your server, OJS uses (in priority order):

• The PHP fileinfo toolset
  • The PHP mime_content_type function
  • The server’s command-line file tool

This is implemented in lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPString.inc.php in the mime_content_type function.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you for such a quick response. :o)