How to upload old issues to ojs website?

Dear all,
Happy new year,
We just start using the ojs system in our journal website, there are a lot of volumes should uploaded, but I don’t know how?

ojs 3.0 version used in our web.

Kindly I need a hand?

Regards,
Ahmed

1 Like

If I get it right you want to migrate an existing journal with several volumes to OJS3, is it right? Do you just have complete volumes or do you have lots of articles, that should be accessible individually?

The best approach from my point of view is to use the native XML-Import plugin of OJS. You have to encode your metadata and/or files into the XML-structure. It’s easy to see what have to deliver by creating a test-volume in OJS and exporting it via the native XML-plugin. Then you can use this file as a blueprint for your real data.

Another strategy would be to use the quick-submit plugin which is not yet available for OJS3.

1 Like

Hi all,

Just FYI, the QuickSubmit plugin is almost complete for OJS 3.x – if you want to use it in the meantime, it’s available at GitHub - pkp/quickSubmit. We’ll add it to the Plugin Gallery (available directly within OJS) very soon.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

How to convert PDF issue into XML?

Hi @IJELLH,

Can you post this question as a new topic, and include more information about what you’d like to achieve? That will help keep the forum organized.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I have problem. If we publish back issues. We can’t tag that article to rescetive author. Anybody having solution for this.

Example: John published paper in same journal long befrore. In this case, how to tag his back issue publication to his profile. So, that he can view published articles.