How to showing author ORCID ID?

Hi, i’m running OJS 3.1.1.4 and i’m having a problem to showing author ORCID ID below author affiliation in article details. I already enable in OJS, setup ORCID plugin both in ORCID website and my journal site, and also connect the ORCID ID into user form via OAUTH but the author ORCID ID still won’t appear in article details. Please kindly help, thank you.

1 Like

Hi @upyodha

To show ORCID on the article landing page you simply need to add it for each author in the Submission Metadata Form.
orcid

hi @Vitaliy

Thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

I already add ORCID id in user detail but still the id does not appear on the article.

For more information, i’m using bootstrap 3 themes. I tried to change it to default themes but the issue still exist.

Is there any mistakes on my code below?

orcid

Thank you

I’m afraid I cannot reproduce the problem.
Can you specify once more, are you talking about ORCID ID or ORCID Icon?
Do you see those ORCID URLs or not?
screencapture-ojs-latest-stable-test-index-php-psp-article-view-107-2018-12-25-14_45_14

Hi @Vitaliy

What i mean is ORCID ID. I already put ORCID ID as your instruction in previous post, but in my article page the ORCID URL does not appear.
Capture-user-profile
Capture-article-details

It seems like the form from a user page but instead ORCID should be entered in the Submission Metadata Form for each author in the List of Contributors List.
screencapture-ojs-latest-stable-test-index-php-psp-workflow-index-127-5-2018-12-27-13_43_50
Edit button

1 Like

Hi @Vitaliy

Ohh i see! Thank you for your kindness. Now i’m able to show the author ORCID ID into article

Capture-orcid

1 Like

Hi guys, i have the same problem but in my case the orcid field is not available, instead there is a message “See below to request authenticated ORCID iD” and that refers to: Send e-mail to request ORCID authorization from contributor. I select this option but when i save the author doesn’t reveive any confirmation email.
22-11_06_46

And this is the article page:
22-11_09_40

What should i do?

1 Like

Hi @Santiago_Arboleda,

What version of OJS are you using? Are other emails being delivered successfully by OJS?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher, thank you for your answer.

My OJS version is 3.1.2-1 and yes, other kind of emails are delivered successfully.

What I also have to say is that my team submits the issues trough the Quick Submit Plugin, I don’t know if this is a problem.

Regards,

Santiago.

Hello @asmecher. I am trying to send ORCID ID confirmation emails through OJS 3 but it is not working. Nor is the ORCID button on Register page working. The following messages show up:
Warning! sandbox.orcid.org is a test website. orcid.org is the official website. Sandbox only sends email messages to mailinator.com email addresses, see Sandbox FAQ for more information
We recently updated our privacy policy – a summary of the changes and the full policy are available here.
Please help.
reviewhumanrights.com

Hi all,

@Santiago_Arboleda, what version of the ORCID profile plugin are you using? (You can see this e.g. by looking in plugins/generic/orcidProfile/version.xml.)

@samiraza28, you need to change the settings for your ORCID profile plugin in OJS so that they use the actual API, not the sandbox API. Next time, please post your question as a new topic – that’ll help keep the forum organized.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you Alec, this is my ORCID version:

orcidProfile plugins.generic 1.1.1.1 2019-03-21 1 OrcidProfilePlugin

Hi @Santiago_Arboleda,

I’ve just verified that the emails to other authors requesting ORCID validation are not sent when using the QuickSubmit plugin. It’s filed here for attention: https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/5028

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Hi Alex, thank you very much for your response. In this case, the only option I have is to submit the new articles by the regular OJS workflow? But, what happens with the previous submissions, there is not a manual way to do it?

Santiago.

Hi @Santiago_Arboleda,

Reading again through the code, it looks like the email to confirm author ORCIDs entered by the submitter is actually coded to work with the QuickSubmit plugin – the part that is not is the email sent to authors for whom no ORCID is entered at all, inviting them to complete the record. Do I understand correctly that in your case it’s the email that is sent to authors with an entered ORCID that is not being received?

If that’s correct, is your OJS set up in config.inc.php to use SMTP?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

We have improved a little bit on this. It seems that the submit trough the Quick Submit plug in it works fine with the orcid profiles (https://revista.redipe.org/index.php/1/article/view/796), but we have this errors right now:

• Some of the entered ORCID urls are shown and others no. In the (above) url you can see that only one author is showing the ORCID, even if all 3 authors have the orcid url in the metadata.
  • In other articles, some authors have the verified green icon and others don’t.
    Do you know why is this happening?

Regads,

Santiago.