How to revert settings changes? I have Error 500 "Internal Server Error"

I got error 500 “Internal Server Error” after doing some simple settings in OJS site settings page.
Settings were saved successfully, except for the latest settings (arranging sidebar blocks).
I set sidebar blocks (site wide) in an arrangement that differs to the setting inside each journal.
I`m not sure if this causes mentioned problem, but it happened just after this setting.
How can I undo this setting without using admin UI?
I can access the files in the file manager provided by the hosting provider.

As for the version, I use OJS 3.3.0.15. It works fine, I don`t intend to upgrade, I use Softaculous, and shall wait for the update there… not provided yet inside Softaculous.

Log File “Attached”

Note: Specific pages are affected
As I know, only the ones below:

This topic recommended deleting a specific plugin.
How to fix OJS 3.3.0-8 http 500 error - Software Support - PKP Community Forum (sfu.ca)

However, I had to delete all of them (from the database/PHP My Admin) to get it fixed.
But, pages are too bad now… too similar to mobile pages… with no visible icons either. I had to use some keyboard tricks to access the icons.

I restored all plugins` folders from original installation file… now the problem is fixed.

Hi @ashrafa.kader,

When you encounter a 500 error, check the PHP error log for details; that’s necessary to debug the problem. Otherwise you’re shooting in the dark!

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.