How to remove brackets ( "[ and ]") in mail subject line?

Greetings, I did a search but couldn’t find any idea on removing these brackets, which are automatically placed at the subject line, before the journal initials, in all mails being sent from any OJS page. It is important for me to remove these brackets because some networks define these bracket signs as spam in my country and we have issues when sending mails.

thanks in advance…

Hi emokhan,

I think here is the place where this happens in the code: ojs/MailTemplate.inc.php at ojs-stable-2_4_7 · pkp/ojs · GitHub

Also here in reading tools, if you need it as well: ojs/RTHandler.inc.php at ojs-stable-2_4_7 · pkp/ojs · GitHub

Best,
Bozana Bokan

thx bozana I’ll look into it.

Update: Thx again, it’s fixed !

I hope it’s okay to answer to this old topic. Some users of one of the OJS installations that i maintain (OJS 3.3) reported that mails they got ended up in their spam folders. They, too, suspected the square brackets to be the cause. Therefore i wondered, firstly, if other users made similar observations and, secondly, if there is maybe a way to modify this automatically added prefix in the mail subject; custom modifications of the source code as proposed are unfortunately not an option. Thank you for any ideas on this.