How to Re-assign Book to a New Book Review Editor?

We have a new book review editor and would like to reassign all the books inputted by the previous book review editor (“Create Book for Review”) to the new editor. At the moment, all messages keep going out under the old book review editor’s name and email. We are using the book review plugin and OJS 2.4.4.1. In other words, How do we switch/change the “Editor” shown when viewing “all” books for review? Thank you!!
ojsed

Hi @ojsed

I think at the moment this is not possible in the books for review plugin. The only way is to change it for now is in the database itself :frowning:
Best,
Bozana

Thank you, Bozena! Do you think that “un-enrolling” the previous Book Review Editor would help? What would happen to the books that were inputted?

Hi @ojsed

Unfortunately that wouldn’t help – It wouldn’t change anything in the books for review plugin. Also, the user ID (number) is saved in the database table i.e. if you would “un-enroll” the user, he/she will still be there (because in the database) i.e. responsible, but couldn’t probably access the books for review any more, because he/she wouldn’t have the necessary editor role any more.

Maybe you would like to consider using the objects for review plugin? – It is more flexible (e.g. this would be possible there) and it should replace the books fore review plugin in the future. There is just no possibility at the moment to move the books from the books for review to the objects for review plugin, but if you do not have many books, you could do it manually. Here the short plugin documentation: https://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php?title=OFRPluginsDocumentation

Best,
Bozana

Thank you, Bozena! That puts a lot of things in perspective.