How to notify reviewers of Editorial Decision

How do I notify reviewers of an editorial decision. I see that there is an e-mail template for it (Submission Decision Reviewer). But I don’t know how to load it up to send to reviewers.

When trying to send an e-mail to a reviewer (either in the ‘Reviewers’ or ‘Review Discussions’ section), a pull-down menu to choose an e-mail template is not available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @nhivu,

What version of OJS are you using? I don’t see that email template in OJS 3.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Amanda,
I’m using version 3.1.1.2. The name of the prepared email template is called “Submission Decision Reviewers”.

Thank you for your help,
Nhi

Hi @nhivu,

I think that email template is leftover from OJS 2 but no longer active in OJS 3.

There is a feature request to be able to add cc and bcc addresses to email notifications. This could be used to bcc the reviewers on the editorial decision email sent to an author. Feel free to add your comments to the issue in GitHub: Add recipient control on email forms · Issue #743 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Best,
Amanda Stevens

Is there a workaround?

I’m planning a migration from OJS 2, and reviewers appreciate being notified of the editorial decision.

Hi @leonardof,

You could use the Notify User function to send a direct message to each reviewer, notifying them of the decision. Since the Submission Decision Reviewer template is not available and you can’t yet create and use a custom template in OJS 3, you would have to save a template externally and copy it into the message or write a new message each time. You can also create a new discussion topic in the review stage for all of the reviewers notifying them of the decision.

Other forum users may have other suggestions.

Thanks for adding your comments to the Github issue.

Best,
Amanda Stevens

1 Like

Like @astevens said, our editor has been copying the decision letter and pasting it to individual message to each reviewer, making sure that all names have been deleted.

1 Like

I’ve just upgraded from OJS 2 to OJS 3 and am pretty surprised that this really useful feature was removed. I’d also really like to see it reinstated in future.

Hi all,

This is filed over at Issues · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub watch that issue entry for status changes.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello, has there been any advancements on this issue? I have just received an enquiry from one of our editors…

Hola, en estos momentos en la versión 3.2.1-1 no es posible enviar copia al editor cuando se notifica al revisor, se relaciona con el problema de bcc? Hay alguna solución en este momento?
Gracias.

Hola @Johanna_Marcela_Sanc,

Esta característica se agregará a OJS 3.3.1, que se lanzará a principios de 2021. Para más información, ver Re-add "blind copy reviewers on editor decision" feature · Issue #4834 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub.

Saludos,
Amanda Stevens