How to install OJS 3.0.2 on shared hosting godaddy?

I am trying to install OJS 3.0.2 on Godaddy shared hosting. On installation page I see the following error even after following each step of installation.

Strict Standards: Declaration of DevelopedByBlockPlugin::getSeq() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getSeq($contextId = NULL) in /home/ephjourn/public_html/plugins/blocks/developedBy/DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 79

Strict Standards: Declaration of DevelopedByBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/ephjourn/public_html/plugins/blocks/developedBy/DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 79

Strict Standards: Declaration of DevelopedByBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/ephjourn/public_html/plugins/blocks/developedBy/DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 79

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ephjourn/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 146

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ephjourn/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 148

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ephjourn/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 150

Deprecated: Non-static method VersionCheck::getCurrentCodeVersion() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ephjourn/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/MaintenanceForm.inc.php on line 37

Strict Standards: Non-static method Version::fromString() should not be called statically in /home/ephjourn/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/site/VersionCheck.inc.php on line 115

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ephjourn/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 351

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ephjourn/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 582

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ephjourn/public_html/plugins/blocks/developedBy/DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php:79) in /home/ephjourn/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 773

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ephjourn/public_html/plugins/blocks/developedBy/DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php:79) in /home/ephjourn/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 776

After I ignored all the warnings and go with installation, as I fill all the details needed and clicked INSTALL button. On next page I see the following error:
This page isn’t working
ijrdojournal1.info is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Please let me what are the possible reason for this error and how to resolve it.

Did you use a htaccess file to suppress those strict standard errors?

No I have not used any file to suppress standard errors.

Ok, I would suggest that you deal with those errors first, see Error from 2.4.8 to 3.0.2 - #2 by ajnyga

The 500 error could be because of many things. These include your file permissions, issues with the web server or errors in code. The latter is unlikely.

Thank you for your kind response.
I have found the solution for error 500. It is due to version of PHP. On PHP 7 you will get the error 500, so I have downgraded the version to PHP 5.5 and now it works fine on godaddy shared hosting.

Ok, yes I have seen a lot of posts regarding PHP7 here. I am not using it myself, so do not know the details, but there are apparently still some issues with it. But I think I have seen @Vitaliy mention that he is using PHP7?

OJS 3.0.2 works on PHP7.1 without any problems. Actually, did you change mysql to mysqli driver for database connection?

How can I change the mysql driver to msqli?

In your config,inc.php:

1 Like

Please use php at least 5.6.32. php version 5.5 is obsolete and OJS will not work properly.