How to hide categories from authors at the submission stage?

Context: I’m using OJS 3.1.2-4

I had this request from an editor: she asks if the categories can be hidden (not displayed) to the author/submitter? Similar to the possibility, in the metadata configuration section, of specifying “Do not request ____ metadata from the author during submission.

I guess this is because the journal has a long list of pre-coordinated and well structured categories and they do not want the author to be somehow confused by so many categories and take time to go through the whole list and evaluate which categories suit best and which doesn’t. This is more of an indexing task and they want to do it themselves (the editors).

Thank you

Marie-Hélène

Hi Marie-Hélène,

I just wanted to say that I agree completely. The category function is such a great feature for editors to be able to categorize the articles, but I also wish it could be hidden on the submission form - just like you can do with other metadata items.

Best wishes,
Emma

1 Like

Hi, so did you find solutions for hiding categories from authors?

Hi @Ivan_Ma, @Marie-Helene @OpenAcademia,

Just a little update on this. An issue on this has been filed here: Add an option to enable/disable categories in submission workflow · Issue #6306 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub - you can follow along or weigh in on the discussions, but as you’ll see from the latest post, there are aspirations to incorporate this feature in OJS 3.4.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.