How to enable captcha in OJS 3.3.0.11

I am unable to enable captcha in OJS 3.3.0.11. I am trying to enable from config file and enter site and secret key from google but captcha was showing error ERROR for site owner: Invalid key type. Please help to enable captcha on registration and login page.
I request you to please explain the steps of enabling the captcha.

captcha error

Hi @shantanusingh,
This is not directly an OJS error, but a quick search of your error message gives us this:

If you are using reCAPTCHA on your site and you see the error ‘ERROR for site owner: Invalid domain for site key’, this means your site key is no longer valid.

Also, your website url must match exactly what is included in the site key settings. Subdomains don’t need to be added separately

Try to get some new keys and try again. Also check that the domain name is correct.

1 Like

What @dagosalas says is correct, to avoid 'ERROR for site owner: Invalid domain for site key’ you must put a main domain and the rest that start from that or create a new API key for a different main domain, for example:

Main domain: university.journal.edu
mydomain1.university.journal.edu
mydomain2.university.journal.edu
anything.university.journal.edu

It will work

but not
mydomainx.journal.edu

For the same API key that has as main domain: university.journal.edu

And try always activate: Verify the origin of reCAPTCHA solutions in Google reCAPTCHA and ‘recaptcha_enforce_hostname = On’ in OJS for security reasons

1 Like

I have verified domain name, private and public key but same error was appearing. I don’t know how to solve this.

Ok, can you put the domain name that you are using in recaptcha?
Make sure it has to be v2, not v3.
Can you also put the URL you are using for your magazine please?
Is it enabled Check the origin of the reCAPTCHA solutions?
Captura de Tela 2022-06-17 às 22.43.41

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
My domain name is epubs.icar.org.in and same domain is using in site URL configuration in reCaptcha setting.
I am using v3 reCaptcha salt and key. I don’t know about which version is being used in OJS 3.3.0.11 for reCaptcha.

Yes, both check box is checked

Try v2, it’s the one with full support at the moment.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.
It’s working with v2.
I think v3 is not configured with OJS 3.3.0.11.

1 Like