How to edit default text on Submissions page?

At the Submissions page, I want to be able to edit the default text under the “Submission Preparation Checklist” heading, that says:

“As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.”

I can’t find a way to edit this text. I want to be able to edit it both in the English and Swedish locales we are using. We have the custom locale plugin, but I couldn’t find it there either.

Running OJS 3.1.2.4

bild

Hi @Anders_H,

Actually the text you have marked is a kind of hardoced and can not be changed. Well, at least via OJS user interface. However, you can change the checklist bellow the marked text.

But if you still want to change the marked text, that is part of localization. You need access to the server filesystem and can edit the file locale/en_US/locale.xml

Regards, Primož

Hi all,

@primozs has correctly identified the file it’s in – locale/en_US/locale.xml (or locale/sv_SE/locale.xml for Swedish) – but it is possible to override this locale key using the custom locale plugin.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Hm, I was not aware of the custom local plugin is available for the OJS 3.1.2-4. Are you sure?

Best regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

That plugin wasn’t formally released until recently, but there is a stable-3_1_2 branch. To be honest, I’m not sure if it’s compatible with OJS 3.1.2 but if someone is willing to experiment it’s possible.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @primozs and @asmecher,
thanks for your helpful replies. Yes, we do run the custom locales plugin under OJS 3.1.2.4, and it seems to work as expected. I am not the system administrator, but I haven’t heard of any problems with it.

I couldn’t find that text in locale/en_US/locale.xml through the plugin. But when you both pointed to that file, it made me look again, and only then did I remember that you have to manually browse through some 20 pages of locale keys for that locale file in the plugin. Finally I found the key about.submissionPreparationChecklist.description and can now edit it as planned.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like