How To Delete a Standard/Automatic (Non-Static) Page?

Hi,

I really need to delete a page from my OJS website (it’s the standard ‘About the Journal’ page which was created automatically) because the information is inaccurate and all the necessary information has already been included elsewhere in static pages I created manually.

Thank you so much and looking forward to hearing from people if they know how to set about doing this!

Hi @SQUMJ,

This would involve a modification to the template files. What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this information in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Thank you very much for your response and my apologies for not including the version. We are using Open Journal Systems 2.4.7.1.

Kind regards,

Natasha Smith
Managing Editor SQUMJ

Hi @SQUMJ,

If you’re looking to remove the About area, you’ll need to work with pages/about (to remove the code that presents this page). There are also references to “about” from other parts of the system in the following templates:

• templates/user/subscriptions.tpl
  • templates/common/navbar.tpl
  • templates/gateway/lockss.tpl
  • templates/notification/maillist.tpl
  • templates/manager/groups/groups.tpl
  • templates/article/article.tpl
  • templates/author/submit/step1.tpl

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Thank you very much for your response. Where exactly can I find ‘pages/about’? I can’t find any of the templates either, I’m afraid - I’ve looked as Journal Manager and Editor but can’t seem to find the section you’re referring to.

Kind regards,

Natasha Smith
Managing Editor SQUMJ

Hi @SQUMJ,

You’ll have to work with those outside of OJS, e.g. via your CPanel’s file manager, SSH, or FTP.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Thank you for your response. I’m afraid I’m confused by what you mean - I’ve never heard of CPanel’s file manager, SSH or FTP.

Our OJS website is currently hosted on the Simon Fraser University server. Does that mean they have the template files?

Kind regards,

Natasha Smith
Managing Editor SQUMJ

Hi @SQUMJ,

Ah, I didn’t realize we were hosting you. For hosting questions, contact the team via pkp.contact@gmail.com. That’ll create a support ticket.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Thank you very much for your response. I’ll contact the support team.

Kind regards,

Natasha Smith
Managing Editor SQUMJ