How to add original file post submission

We have had an author go through the submission process in OJS and do everything except submit his original file. Is there any way I can now go in and add that file to the rest of his submission or does he just need to start over?

Hi @sheardln,

Have you tried the “Log In As” feature, available to Journal Managers via the “People” area?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,
yes, I have. The only thing I can do there is upload supplementary files or start a new submission. It won’t let me upload an original file to the current submission.
Lisa

Hi @sheardln,

Ah, then in that case the submission is marked complete, but no file was uploaded. Note that there is a confirmation pop-up warning that no file has been uploaded, but of course people tend to click past those without reading. Can you upload it under the Review area? An upload should be possible under “Upload Author Version”. If that’s not suitable, I’d suggest asking your author to resubmit.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks, Alec! That did the trick and I was able to upload in the review section. It won’t solve the non reading problem, but at least we can proceed. Thanks again!