How do I send an email to more than one user?

OJS 2 used to let me select users from the users list and send them all the same email. How do I do this in OJS 3? It only lets me send an email to a single user at a time.

Hi @Luke_Scicluna,

That feature isn’t available in OJS3 yet – but can you add a little information on what kind of messages you’re looking to send?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Tea

Basically, I want to send an email to all contributors to let them know that the journal has been printed and to inform them of when the launch will be.

Hi @Luke_Scicluna,

This would be an announcement going out to all uses? I’m not sure the multiple-user email mechanism from OJS 2.x would’ve covered this requirement well, since it’s only possible to select from the users who are listed on a single page. Did you see the “Notify Users” feature available in OJS 2.x? Would that be a more suitable approach?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

This wouldn’t work for me, because I want to select specific groups of users to contact.

Hi @Luke_Scicluna,

The trouble with the 2.4.x notification tool is that it’s necessary to select users from the list, a page at a time, and not possible to select users from across pages. How are the groups you need to contact selected – is it really a manual process, and did the paging issue not affect you?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

It did not affect me because I only had a single page of people to contact :slight_smile:

Hi @Luke_Scicluna,

Are you browsing a list of people by role, e.g. only Managers or Editors?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Only Authors in this case, but yes.