How do I preserve the original html formatting when I publish in OJS

Hi
One og our new journals is trying to publish their html-manuscripts in OJS 2.4.8.1 but all the original formatting is lost when the file is published. How do we preserve the original html-formatting?
If the same problem exist in OJS 3 I would really appreciate some guidance .
Best
Niels Erik

Hi @nef,

Can you post more details? A few screenshots might help. It’s likely a detail of how you’re producing your HTML, but it might also be related e.g. to CSS paths/URLs, MIME type detection, etc.

OJS 3.x uses a different approach to present HTML – the OJS 2.x approach led to invalid HTML, although it would be presented correctly due to browsers being tolerant. The OJS 3.x approach uses an iframe instead, producing valid HTML (if your uploaded HTML is valid), but delegates more responsibility for framing etc. to the HTML.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec
Thank you very much for responding. I guess you’ll receive an answer and a further explanation from the editors concerned.
Best
Niels Erik

Hi,
The problem for one of our editors seems to be their links to the videos. They do not function when the html file is uploaded to their OJS journal. The html code is:
iframe
Can you tell me why it doesn’t work?
If you open the html file directly in a browser it works fine. It’s only after the upload that the link does not work.
Best
Niels Erik

Hi @nef,

Is there a link to the article that you could share with me demonstrating the problem?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

Is it okay if I send the article to your own mail? The article isn’t published yet.

Hi @nef,

Yes, please do.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher