How do I delete incomplete submissions in OJS 3.3.0.10?

I couldn’t find an option to remove incomplete submissions in OJS 3.3.0.10?. It was available in OJS 3.2.1.4. Could you please let me know, is there any way to delete the incomplete submissions?

How do I delete an article from OJS?
https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/faq/en/editorial-workflow#how-do-i-delete-an-article-from-ojs

1- Editor should complete all the submission stages.
2- Then decline the submission
3- Then only delete the submission.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. However, it would be better if we get an option like in version 3.2.1.4. I think this feature is not included in version 3.3.X.X

1 Like

I’m used to bustle a little with the URLs to delete incomplete submissions without completing it before.

Imagine the incomplete submission has the id 451.
If you go to https://YOURSITE.COM/index.php/JOURNAL/workflow/index/451/1 you’ll enter directly in the (incomplete) submission page. Then you can act as it is a normal submission, rejecting it and then deleting it.

It works for 3.3.0-6, I think it works for 3.3.0-10 too.
Let me know!

Best regards

3 Likes

Use (with care) OJS’ CLI tool. For example, on Linux:

php <OJS_ROOT>/tools/deleteSubmissions.php <SUB1_ID> [<SUB2_ID> ...]

3 Likes

what i usally do is, i go into mySQl find submissions table and look for the id of the incomplete submission and delete them

1 Like

The hard way:

1. Temporary change → plugins\importexport\quickSubmit\QuickSubmitForm.inc.php

function cancel() {
$submissionDao = Application::getSubmissionDAO();
$submission = $submissionDao->getById($this->getData(‘submissionId’));
if ($this->_submission->getContextId() != $this->_context->getId()) throw new Exeption(‘Submission not in context!’);
if ($submission) $submissionDao->deleteById($submission->getId());

// ***********************
if ($submission) $submissionDao->deleteById(133);
if ($submission) $submissionDao->deleteById(245);

PS.
IDs (133, 245) from “Submissions” → “My Assigned”.

1. Run Quick Submit Plugin (management/importexport/plugin/QuickSubmitPlugin).

2. Cancel.

3. Remove temporary change

// ***********************
    if ($submission) $submissionDao->deleteById(133);
    if ($submission) $submissionDao->deleteById(245);

1 Like

Hi @Michevole,
Thanks for the solution, which also works in version 3.3.0.13, except that in our case the URL is slightly different: https://joursite.com/journal/workflow/index/13638/1
Regards,
Joze

1 Like

Hi @Michevole,
it worked in version 3.3.0.14, as well.
Thanks for your post!
Best,
Pep

1 Like

Generic way (enable incompleteIds, run QuickSubmit, Cancel button, disable incompleteIds)

1. File → plugins\importexport\quickSubmit\QuickSubmitForm.inc.php
    Add code “// Delete incomplete submissions”.

function cancel() {
$submissionDao = Application::getSubmissionDAO();
$submission = $submissionDao->getById($this->getData(‘submissionId’));
if ($this->_submission->getContextId() != $this->_context->getId()) throw new Exeption(‘Submission not in context!’);
if ($submission) $submissionDao->deleteById($submission->getId());

// Delete incomplete submissions
$incomplete = Config::getVar(“submissions”, “incompleteIds”);
if (!empty($incomplete)) {
$ids = explode(“,”, $incomplete);
for ($i = 0; $i < count($ids); $i++) {
$id = trim($ids[$i]);
if (!empty($id)) {
$submissionDao->deleteById($id);
}
}
}
}

1. File → config.inc.php
    Add section:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Delete incomplete submissions ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[submissions]

;incompleteIds = 136,137

PS.
enable:
incompleteIds = 136,137

disable:
;incompleteIds = 136,137

Dear Team,

I have resolved this issue by using the following steps. I am able to delete the incomplete submissions now.

Please login as a journal editor or production editor and go to the submissions>> All active. There, you can see all the incomplete submissions. Then click “View” and Finish the submission by providing at least the title and author name. In the next step, we have to click on the option “Review this submission” and Decline Submission. Now you can see the declined item in the Archives. Select the drop-down arrow () against the declined article and delete the item permanently.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.