Hide specific galley type

Hi All,

I’m looking for a possibility to avoid the publishing of a certain type of galley (or component) on the website. Is it possible to configure this in OPS!? I also found, that I can specify certain components as “supplementary files”, but neither the author nor the moderator or editor can upload such component!? I’m a bit confused, can anyone help here?

Kind Regards
Joe

Hi @JoeDoe,

For the first part, at what stage are you doing this in OPS? Could you not just not specify it as a particular galley type or component? Also, which specific version fo OPS are you using (please indicate this in your posts, as it aids us when suggesting solutions)?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis ,

thanks for your reply! I’m using the latest stable release, and during submission I can specify galleys and upload a file for each galley. Doing so, I can not select “supplementary file” for components, which confuses me a bit. In addition, also as Editor I’m not able to change the type of component for a galley to “supplementary file” (to be honest, I was already wondering what these components are for, if I cannot select them). What I want/need is: during submission I want the author to upload a pdf for publication and another file (also pdf) with additional information which must not be published. I’m really struggling with the component types and galleys, so please help is really highly appreciated!

Kind Regards
Joe

Hi @JoeDoe,

Thanks for clarifying. I see that supplementary file is not a default component -in OPS but you can add it as a new one by going to Workflow → Components. I think there were a number of new components added that were more specific categories (e.g. research instrument, etc.), rather than the broad “supplementary file.” Can you try this and let me know if it works for you?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis,

thanks for your reply! You are right, there is no component that is named “supplementary file”, but there are components named “research instrument” for instance, which are classified as supplementary files. However, during submission I cannot upload a file and assign it as a “research instrument”.

FYI: I came to OPS since I’ve tried using OJS in teaching students in “scientific writing”. My intension was, to use OJS to let the students submit their homework papers, and provide them with a realistic workflow and platform. During testing, I found myself in the role of a journal-manager, editor, reviewer, lector, publisher, … well, I found the workflow seems a bit elaborate. Then I switched to OPS, and I found the workflow pretty much fits my needs, but there are some files the students submit, which must not be published. Currently, I’m not aware how to realize this with OPS, while in OJS I can select which file will be published at the end.

Kind Regards
Joe

Hi @JoeDoe,

Yes - the components should be customizable in the Workflow settings as I noted above.

Interesting to hear about your experience with OPS in a classroom setting. We’ve heard of lots of folks using OJS in the classroom, but not OPS, so that’s really interesting to hear.

-Roger
PKP Team

Dear Roger,

thank you for your reply! We are still testing, and currently I‘m about to switch back to OJS, probably!? Since we still encounter some difficulties, I‘d like to kindly ask, if a brief web-meeting is possible, in order to present our ‚problems‘ which I‘m sure will be cleared much more effectively?

Do you think that is possible? Then I might send you an invitation by PM.

Kind Regards
Joe

Hi @JoeDoe,

Sorry, but meeting regarding support concerns related to the use of PKP software is out of the scope of what we provide here on the forum, so I’m afraid I must decline the meeting offer.

-Roger
PKP Team