Help with customization

@rcgillis

I am writing to request assistance with a customization we are implementing in our Open Journal Systems (OJS) version 3.3.0.6. We have added a new tab in the left-hand side menu of the dashboard, and we now need to retrieve data from the database to display in a tabular format within this new tab.

Specifically, we require guidance on the following:

1. Database Query and Data Retrieval: How to efficiently query the necessary data from the database and ensure it is correctly formatted for display in the tabular view.
  2. Integration with the Dashboard: Best practices for integrating this data retrieval functionality seamlessly into the OJS dashboard, ensuring compatibility and performance.

Hi @aroramohit,

I’ve moved your question to a new forum post (it is better to post separate requests as new posts rather than add them to existing posts as this creates confusion). I’m not entirely sure how to go about this particular customization, but I will see if some of our team can comment on this when they are able to.

-Roger
PKP Team

No one replied on this, its urgent please reply

@rcgillis No one replied, can you ask someone to reply alleast

Hi @aroramohit,

I have flagged this for our team, but I request that you please be patient. Support on the PKP Community Forum is provided for free by PKP staff and community members. We are a small team and need to balance our time spent answering questions here on the Forum with our other work developing and maintaining our free and open source software and other services. We try our best but do not guarantee that every question will be answered or that every issue is resolved.

Please note that we may request clarifying details about your post, but may not be able to answer some or all of your questions, depending on the nature of your post/query.
You may need to seek professional support to resolve your issue. This can usually be acquired from the service provider that hosts or maintains your software, such as the technical support team at your institution or a third-party hosting provider.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @aroramohit,

I would suggest continuing with your other question on adding new columns to the Review Report; it’s a good introductory task for coding in PKP’s environment if you have a bit of PHP experience. Then you’ll have a better idea of what specific guidance you’ll need to make this customization.

You’re proposing a fairly specific customization, so it’ll be tough for someone else to guide you through it; if you are stuck on a particular aspect of it, that might be easier to ask for help with.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team