Getting error :The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name

When i am trying to install any plugin then getting error : The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name.
I am trying to upload or install plugin in my website but getting error “The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name.” i am using Open Journal Systems 3.2.1.4.

What application are you using?
For example, 3.2.1.4

Additional information
error

Hi @openaccessjournals,

What method of installing the plugin are you using. Please note that the preferred method is to install plugins via the plugin gallery. Using other methods may result in errors.Also, which plugin is it that is giving you this error?

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

No, i am trying to install by plugin section, but getting an error.

Hi @openaccessjournals,

I am not clear what you mean by this:

i am trying to install by plugin section, but getting an error.

Can you clarify?

-Roger

Dear @rcgillis,
When I try to install the Plugin from Plugin Gallery, I get an error.
The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name.
errordata

Hi @openaccessjournals,

In that case, since you may have already tried uploading the plugin via uploading it, this typically means the name of the plugin folder inside the zipped folder needs to be renamed. Please see here:

https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/learning-ojs/en/settings-website#external-plugins

-Roger

Hi @openaccessjournals,

I’d suggest checking your configuration file to see if the location to your “tar” command line tool is properly specified. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, check the contents of your PHP error log for more details.

See e.g.: SWORD Plugin Not installing - #4 by asmecher

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 40 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.