Get back journal outlook in OJS 3 after upgrading from OJS 2

Hi all,

After upgrading our journal to OJS 3 we have lost our special layout. The look is now only a standard one.
I see there is an option to upload a journal style sheet. It is not clear to me if I can just upload here the file we have used in our OJS 2 version. I have copied the ai.css file of OJS 2.
In OJS 2 it was here: http://www.nameofourjournal.eu/plugins/themes/ai/ai.css

I uploaded this file after upgrading to OJS 3 at “journal style sheet”, but the standard outlook did not change.
Please let me know how to get our former outlook in OJS 3.

Regards,

Jurry

Hi @AI_JE,

OJS 3.x includes a very long overdue rewrite of the user interface, so essentially it’s not possible to upload your OJS 2.x layout changes to OJS 3.x without considerable reworking. On the plus side, OJS 3.x is much easier to work with if you’re familiar with normal CSS practices, and the results are much better.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

What kind of file(s) do I have to upload at Website Settings->Appearance Upload Journal Style Sheet?
Must it be a zip file of a directory of several files, or can it be just a css file?
Is this possible for a journal manager, or do you need assistance of the administrator for uploading a style sheet?

Regards,

Jurry

Hi @AI_JE,

That’s for a CSS file – but its contents need to be written according to OJS 3.x’s layout, not OJS 2.x’s layout, so the same file won’t work across both apps.

For more information on theming, see e.g. PKP Theming Guide.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks Alec,

Regards,
Jurry