Gateway Timeout upgrade problem

Hello.
Have been with OJS 3.0.2 for some time (with several fixes) for some time, and tried to upgrade to 3.1.0.0 today. The thing is i am getting Gateway Timeout everysingle time i try to upgrade. I set my max execution time to 1200 and still get this error. I contacted the support for my site and they said they don’t use any reverse proxy and with that max execution time the script was supposed to work.
I dont know how to run the upgrade via CLI or SSH, so please, any guidance of help would be much apreciated.

Hi @Hugo_Melo,

Something between your computer and the server is hitting a timeout – a reverse proxy is the most common cause but it sounds like your host has eliminated that option – and unfortunately you aren’t likely to find a way to extend it. I’d suggest figuring out the command-line upgrade. Alternately, it’s possible to download all the files to your local machine, run the upgrade there, and then re-upload everything – but that’s finicky and time-consuming.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Can u please give me directions of how to find the access to CLI of the php or the SSH?

Hi @Hugo_Melo,

The details of this will depend on your service provider. They should have a knowledge base or similar that will describe how to get access.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team