Fronted display problems - OMP

Hi everyone!
I’m having trouble with the fronted display of authors and affiliation. When I change the language (english to spanish) it shows this: ##submission.authorWithAffiliation####submission.authorListSeparator## But in english it displays in one line.

In spanish:

Why does it happen?
Thank you!

Hi @jescy,

It looks like the Spanish translation of that version of OMP isn’t complete. What version of OMP are you using? (Please include this information in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi

I installed OMP 3.1.0 and, as you say, it looks like Spanish translation is not complete.

Can you tell me if the translation from the link below is more complete than the one distributed in the instalation package of OMP 3.1.0?

Thank you in advance.

So long ago we translated first OMP 3 beta. I don’t know if those strings were added after this or the chains were missed.

@mtub please, point us the files you want us to review and I will forward to our translator next week (he had a child and this week is on vacation).

Cheers,
m.

1 Like

I’ll check out and post as soon as I can

Hi @DiegoG,

those strings are translated in the master branch and in the omp-stable-1_2_0 branch of pkp-lib (the library shared by OJS, OMP, etc.). Did you update your OMP files without updating the lib/pkp directory?

Hi,
it was a new OMP installation, I wasn’t updating.

Please take a look on this screenshot

I have the same problem. I can see ##submission.authorWithAffiliation## but not the real name of the author and the affiliations. Is it possible to fix this problem?

Hi @Webrodleir,

What version of OMP as you using? (Please include this information in your posts.) What language are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Versión actual: 3.1.0.0
Language: Spanish (España)

Regards.
Arq. Eduardo Rodriguez Leirado
Webmaster IAA

Hi @Webrodleir,

As with the above thread, the issue is that the Spanish translation is incomplete. (I’m not sure if @mtub might have an update on this front?)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

[OMP 3.1.0]/German

As far as I can see, there are still some strings missing for German (see list below).
Is there a way to contribute a translation @asmecher?

##manager.setup.aboutPress##
##manager.setup.aboutPress.description##
##plugins.themes.default.option.typography.label##
##plugins.themes.default.option.typography.notoSans## 
##plugins.themes.default.option.typography.notoSerif##
##plugins.themes.default.option.typography.notoSerif_notoSans##
##plugins.themes.default.option.typography.notoSans_notoSerif##
##plugins.themes.default.option.typography.lato##
##plugins.themes.default.option.typography.lora##
##plugins.themes.default.option.typography.lora_openSans##
##plugins.themes.default.option.colour.label##
##plugins.themes.default.option.colour.description##
##plugins.block.makeSubmission.displayName##
##submission.submit.submissionLocaleDescription##
##submission.dependentFiles##

Hi @lcbossert,

Yes – @mtub can hook you into the translators’ group!

Regards,
Alec Smecher