Fresh OJS install gives me the ##api.submissions.unknownError## message

Hi all, I know this error has been posted many times, and different possible solutions have been suggested, but I have scoured the whole forum and no solution has worked for me (or maybe I’m not that knowledgeable).
The problem started a few months after setting up OJS 3.1.1.4 with no problems. The error mentioned started popping up to 3 times in a row on the submissions page. No changes or updates were made o the website at developer level. So I decided to try the most recent OJS version as of February 2020 (3.1.2.4) on a different directory, but the same ##api.submissions.unknownError## message showed right off the bat as soon as I entered the submissions section. Front end works fine on both new and old install though.

I checked the javascript console, and some errors are shown (see screenshot attached), but I don’t know what to make of them.

As a plus, when I tried to export data from the “old” site, I get the same error, and no issues are displayed.

I’ve seen others having similar errors due to double slashes and missing “index.php”, but I don’t think that’s my case.

If anyone could shed some light on this issue I’d be greatly thankful.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @luchosoto,

I don’t know the root cause of the problem, just to let you know that the error message should be ‘An unexpected error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again.’, of course localised to your language.

Regards, Primož

I am aware of the error and its translation to “human” language. However it still leads me nowhere :frowning: