Forgot password function not working, returns error

I was testing the forgotten password functionality and found that no email was sent, I checked the apache2 error.log and this error was logged:
smtp-error

The SMTP configuration (config.inc.php) is:
smtp-config

It is worth of mentioning that this configuration works for sending emails from the management of users .
mgmt

Hi @bbarrios

Have you tried enable allow_envelope_sender and force_default_envelope_sender parameters in config.inc.php file?
I.e.:
allow_envelope_sender = On

force_default_envelope_sender = On

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello @israel.cefrin,

My initial configuration specified both of those attributes as On. I tried doing that again:
cambio1

And I still get the same error:
[Fri Jul 27 17:36:18.941340 2018] [:error] [pid 1640] [client 999999999] SMTP Error: data not accepted.SMTP server error: DATA END command failed Detail: Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: Root User root@localhost\r\n SMTP code: 554, referer: http://…/index.php/rmh/login/requestResetPassword

Hi @bbarrios

Do you have a valid e-mail address as contact on your OJS install? And are you using a valid e-mail address on parameter default_envelope_sender on your config.inc.php file ?

Looking at your log it seems that an invalid email is set. Please, review it and check if it fixes.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

@israel.cefrin I’m not sure where can I check the “email address as contact on your OJS”.

The default_envelope_sender is a valid email address currently used for notifications on other systems.

What is your LAMP stack? Are you running all services locally or using SaaS like Amazon SES?

This error message:

Is reported on Amazon SES developer docs as a known issue on their stack.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin