Font awesome icon doesn't showing in ojs

If it can show partially than from the point of server it can appear everywhere. Thus, I think that further issue is in coding what you have to put in your template so the fonts can appear properly.

Any ideas what is it?

Do the error logs below relate to the current problem?

[29-Jan-2018 09:40:00 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Request::getContext() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/shariff/ShariffPlugin.inc.php on line 40
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:00 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/classes/core/Request.inc.php on line 68
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:00 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:00 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 0
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:00 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getSeq() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getSeq($contextId = NULL) in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:00 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:00 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:00 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getContents() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getContents($templateMgr, $request = NULL) in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PiwikPlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/piwik/PiwikPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:01 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Request::getContext() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/shariff/ShariffPlugin.inc.php on line 40
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:01 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/classes/core/Request.inc.php on line 68
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 0
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getSeq() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getSeq($contextId = NULL) in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[29-Jan-2018 09:40:01 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getContents() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getContents($templateMgr, $request = NULL) in /home/k2542002/public_html/jurnalbeta.ac.id/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0

I make a static page to try font awesome codes. Previous error logs indicate the same pattern

I think that @asmecher can help to interpret your php error log and direct towards solution.

Hi @kawahyu,

I don’t see any of the necessary classes on the footer links at the URL you posted above. Have you removed them?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks @asmecher
Here is my journal http://jurnalbeta.ac.id
I created the footer using html and css

I want to use font awesome to display Facebook and Twitter, but they do not work. So, temporarily I manually use link.
In social, I used the codes above but it just disappeared when I save footer html page.

I do not understand this.

Hi @kawahyu,

I think the problem is that the markup you’re adding when editing the footer links is not allowed per your allowed_html setting inside config.inc.php. By default, the class attribute to the i element is not allowed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Is there any security issue so that it is not allowed by default?
If it is not, what codes to add in allowed_html to activate class attribute to i?
Or is there any other ways to add font awesome without i class?

allowed_html = "a[href|target|title],em,strong,cite,code,ul,ol,li[class],dl,dt,dd,b,**i**,u,img[src|alt],sup,sub,br,p"

That is in my allowed_html. Does i above refer to i class?
Or I add something like <i> or i[class] ?

Hi @kawahyu,

Off the top of my head, it would be i[class]. I can’t think of a particular risk with this, but of course it will mean users can specify arbitrary CSS classes for the i element.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I tried the codes form w3schools

After saving, it just remains

The result is just

List icons
List icons
List icons

allowed_html = “a[href|target|title],em,strong,cite,code,ul,ol,li[class],i[class],dl,dt,dd,b,i,u,img[src|alt],sup,sub,br,p”

Hi @kawahyu,

If you have an example of this on your website, I can look at it myself, but I don’t see that example live on your site.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I tried this via static page

Here is the result http://jurnalbeta.ac.id/index.php/betaJTM/fontawesomes

Any ideas to resolve it?

Hi, try to use span tag instead of i tag.
i.e. <span class="fa fa-phone"></span>

Hope this helps you.

If I am not wrong, problem is still there. As I am exprienceing the same issue, not been able to fetch fa fa icons.
If I edit the template directly, fontawesom icons are displayed but if I use the same in
Setting > Website > footer
it does not appear.
I can see fontawsom are loaded in page source as well.
any resolution?

2 Likes

@seisense
I have a similar problem in ojs 3.3.0-8 manuscript theme… enable i [class] in config.inc.php but it doesn’t work from Setting> Website> footer
Anyone knows how to solve this?