File download problem

Some downloaded files in the personal account have stopped downloading, the error “404 Not Found” appears. This does not happen with all files, but some cannot be downloaded by either the author, the reviewer, or the editor. Also in the “Archive” section, downloaded files of articles and issues cannot be downloaded, the error is “The PDF file is empty, i.e. its size is zero bytes.” OJS version 3.3.0.6.
It happened on May 25, while nothing was done, the reason is also unclear.

Hello @shakhova.a.zqai,

Can you provide a few more details:

1. A direct link to the publicly available articles?
  2. Error messages from your PHP error log (this may assist in troubleshooting)

-Roger
PKP Team

Hello!

1. https://vestnik.zqai.kz/index.php/vestnik/issue/view/17/8 link to the article
  2. where can I find PHP error log?

Hi @shakhova.a.zqai,

1. Thank you. I’ll have a closer look.
  2. Please see here for direction concerning finding your PHP error log: How do I find my PHP error log?

-Roger
PKP Team

I am also facing same problem

I am reaching out regarding an issue I’ve encountered with OJS, similar to what has been described in a recent forum post.

Recently, I’ve noticed that some downloaded files in my personal account have ceased to download, displaying a “404 Not Found” error. This problem seems to be intermittent, affecting certain files while others remain accessible. Additionally, in the “Archive” section, attempts to download files of articles and issues result in an error stating, “The PDF file is empty, i.e. its size is zero bytes.”

I observed this issue on [insert date], and despite no alterations being made, the cause remains unclear. It seems to affect various user roles, including authors, reviewers, and editors.

I am curious if anyone else has experienced a similar problem and if so, how was it resolved? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

https://majta.creson.edu.mx/index.php/majta/issue/view/2/7