Fields not populating in emails

One of the editors brought to our attention that when they send out email reminders for overdue reviews the fields in the predefined messages do not get populated automatically as you can see in the screenshots below. I checked on a couple other journals and found the same issue. Is there a solution for this issue?

07%20AM
00%20AM

Thanks

Hi @midoio,

Which of our applications are you using, and what version? (Please include this in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to mention I am using OJS version 3.1.1.0.

Thanks

Hi @midoio,

Check your browser’s error console for details. The most recent release has a tweak that may correct this, and upgrading is generally good practice, so you might also see if that resolves it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

I tested it on the demo site at https://demo.publicknowledgeproject.org and the problem persists. I cannot tell what version is because the function is disabled. Please see the screenshot below. I also checked the browser’s error console for details but there is nothing there.

emails

Hi @midoio,

Thanks, I’ve replicated this locally too. I filed the issue at submission.title untranslated in review reminder form · Issue #3871 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub and you can see a link to a patch there; you’ll need to apply this in the lib/pkp subdirectory. (There are actually 3 links to patches – they’re all equivalent, just applied to different branches of the codebase. Any one will do.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks Alec,

I applied the patch, but it did not take care of the issue. It is still not displaying the variable value, only the variable name as you can see below. However, it did change from “Submission.Title” to “Article Title”, and the Name still remains blank.

Capture

Hi @midoio,

I think it’s working as expected. The Name and Article Title symbols should be replaced with the appropriate values when the email is sent.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you very much for your help, Alec. It does work.