fc-journalSettings-8.php in Cache - should it be somewhere else?

My editor needed a change made to the French version of the Submission Preparation Checklist, because the “date and status” info was empty and could not be added. I searched the htdocs directory for “June 20, 2018” and found only one file: fc-journalSettings-8.php in the cache folder. That field for fr_ca was empty, so I added a wording there and the information now shows on the webpage.

However, I have a question. Seeing as this file is in cache, will that (and any other information) stay intact if the cache is deleted one day? Or should I be editing a completely different file somewhere?

It is edited via the Workflow Settings, under the “Submission” tab.

Changes are stored in the database, specifically in the journal_settings table.

The data from the journal_settings table is cached temporarily in the .php file you found in the cache directory. When the cache file expires, it is deleted and recreated from the database.

Submission%20Screenshot%20from%202018-12-13

Thank you for pointing this out, @ctgraham!

My problem was that the 3rd line out of 5 (the middle one) on that list was not clickable and could not be edited on the web. After I edited the fc-journalSettings-8.php in Cache, this 3rd line was filled with what I put there. However, the journal_settings table has the “submissionCheckList” row for the locale fr_CA that still didn’t have the wording that I inserted into the php file.

It had the following:

a:5:{i:0;a:2:{s:7:“content”;s:180:“L’article soumis n’a pas déjà été publié ou soumis à un autre journal pour considération (ou une explication a été fournie dans la section des commentaires à l’éditeur).”;s:5:“order”;i:7;}i:1;a:2:{s:7:“content”;s:59:“Le fichier est en format OpenOffice, Microsoft Word ou RTF.”;s:5:“order”;i:8;}i:2;a:2:{s:7:“content”;s:0:"";s:5:“order”;i:10;}i:4;a:2:{s:7:“content”;s:185:“Le texte respecte les exigences stylistiques et bibliographiques du guide The Chicago Manual of Style. S’il y a lieu, des adresses URL ont été fournies pour les références.”;s:5:“order”;i:11;}i:5;a:2:{s:7:“content”;s:163:“S’il s’agit d’un article soumis à la section évaluée par les pairs du journal, les directives de la section « Ensuring a Blind Review » ont été respectées.”;s:5:“order”;i:12;}}

So, after reading your post, I went to the Paramètres du flux des travaux → Soumission → Liste de vérification de la soumission again. Since the edit made in fc-journalSettings-8.php was still showing, I was now able to edit that line. I changed it to “Test”, saved, then re-opened and re-pasted the French test that was missing and voila. the journal_settings table now has this:

i:2;a:2:{s:7:“content”;s:268:“La date et le statut de la soumission et de la révision sont notés sur le document. Par exemple : Soumission initiale : le 5 juin 2018. Révision conformément aux commentaires des examinateurs : le 20 juin 2018. Commentaires sur la révision : le 25 juin 2018, etc.”;s:5:“order”;i:14;}

instead of this:

i:2;a:2:{s:7:“content”;s:0:"";s:5:“order”;i:10;}

Case closed, thank you very much!