Fatal error when saving metadata

Hi, I am trying to submit some metadata (Journal → Submissions → All Active → Submission with incomplete data). When I click on the “Save and continue” button, the circle starts circling, but it does not take me to the next step. In the error log I get this output:

[Tue Apr 23 14:59:31.944691 2019] [php7:error] [pid 21102] [client ip:port] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getAuthors() on null in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/orcidProfile/OrcidProfilePlugin.inc.php:402\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php(107): OrcidProfilePlugin->handleSubmissionSubmitStep3FormExecute(‘submissionsubmi…’, Array)\n#1 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php(314): HookRegistry::call(‘submissionsubmi…’, Array)\n#2 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/form/PKPSubmissionSubmitStep3Form.inc.php(99): Form->execute()\n#3 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/pages/submission/PKPSubmissionHandler.inc.php(171): PKPSubmissionSubmitStep3Form->execute()\n#4 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(390): PKPSubmissionHandler->saveStep(Array, Object(Request))\n#5 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(231): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false)\n#6 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))\n#7 /var/www/html/l in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/orcidProfile/OrcidProfilePlugin.inc.php on line 402, referer: http://url/index.php/journal/submission/wizard/3?submissionId=185

What could be causing this?

Regards

Are you using OJS 3.1.2? I just saw this error myself there. There may be a incompatibility between the latest OJS release and the current orcidProfile release.

Exaclty. In the meantime I disabled the ORCID plugin and it went through without problems. Leaving it off for now.

Hello I have simmilar issue (3.1.2). It is not possible to save metadata when ORCID plugin is active, but only in the case when ORCID link was confirmed by author.

Hi all,

If you’re seeing this error message in your PHP error logs:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getAuthors() on null in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/orcidProfile/OrcidProfilePlugin.inc.php:402

…then you’re using an old version of the ORCID plugin. Log into OJS as a site administrator and go to your journal’s Plugin Gallery; you should see an option to upgrade the plugin there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team