Describe the issue or problem
I am trying to implement OJS on my personal desktop to try it out. However, whenever I try to visit the install page using localhost, I get the error:
Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_regex_encoding()
Steps I took leading up to the issue
- Go to https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/admin-guide/en/getting-started
- Installing PHP 8.0+, MySQL 5.7.22+ and MariaDB 4.1+
- Open ojs-3.4.0.tar.gz with WinRAR
- Move php folder into ojs-3.4.0
5.Execute ‘mkdir ojs-files’ with admin privileges in CMD prompt.
- Execute php -S localhost:8000 with admin privileges in CMD prompt.
- Go to: http://localhost:8000
- Error appears after ~1 second.
What application are you using?
For example, OJS 3.3.0-4
I plugged the error into ChatGPT and it seems like I have a problem with mbstring. I tried enabling it manually in both the php.ini-development and php.ini-production file, because I’m not sure which one I am using. FYI, I am a complete beginner to dealing with this type of software and installing it through fx cmd prompt.
Here is the screenshot of my error: