Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Plugin in /home/gratisoaorg/public_html/gratisoaorg/journals/classes/plugins/Plugin.inc.php on line 19

I am getting an error Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Plugin in /home/gratisoaorg/public_html/gratisoaorg/journals/classes/plugins/Plugin.inc.php on line 19

while trying to update ojs

See this thread for a similar issue:

i tried but i am unable to update it

Did you follow the instructions in the other thread about looking for the duplicate class declaration? Were you able you the command line with the grep tool, or did you look for the duplicates another way?

i tried using the file manager

by the way i m trying to update ojs to 3.0

if i try to delete any of the plugin flies i m getting ablank page

when i try to delete the one in classes i get this error

Warning:
require_once(/home//public_html//journals/classes/plugins/Plugin.inc.php):
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home//public_html//journals/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 25

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required
‘/home//public_html//journals/classes/plugins/Plugin.inc.php’

(include_path=’.:/home//public_html//journals/classes:/home//public_html//journals/pages:/home//public_html//journals/lib/pkp:/home//public_html//journals/lib/pkp/classes:/home//public_html//journals/lib/pkp/pages:/home//public_html//journals/lib/pkp/lib/adodb:/home//public_html//journals/lib/pkp/lib/phputf8:/home//public_html//journals/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/classes:/home//public_html//journals/lib/pkp/lib/smarty:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’)
in /home//public_html//journals/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 25

Did you find multiple files with the content “class Plugin”? What were those files?

It sounds like you deleted “classes/plugins/Plugin.inc.php”, which is a required file. Was there perhaps another file with the incorrect capitalization: “classes/plugins/plugin.inc.php”?