Fake user/Spam regestration

Greetings,

I have a question too. Where is reCaptcha javascript coded? I want to change language by modifying this link:

<script type="text/javascript" async="" src="https://www.gstatic.com/recaptcha/api2/r20161206104336/recaptcha__en.js"></script>

to

<script type="text/javascript" async="" src="...recaptcha__uk.js"></script>

Ideally the language of reCaptcha should be one, the user had chosen from language toggle block (English or Ukrainian in my case). Maybe something like {if} statement.

@mithunjj, can you replicate this error consistently? Can you provide a public URL as an example?

The javascript reference is here:

We would need to translate between the PKP locales and the supported Google language codes:

@Vitaliy, would you be interested in sketching this out and sending in a pull request?

Greetings @ctgraham,

I am not very familiar with php for now, only javascript. Will see what I can do. And I am not very experienced with github, only committed changes to my personal repository by command line.

As I read the Google documentation, I note that this parameter is described as: “Optional. Forces the widget to render in a specific language. Auto-detects the user’s language if unspecified.”

Can you identify any reason Google’s autodetection of the language is not working properly?

Greetings @ctgraham,

Checked this issue once more. It seems that reCaptcha uses the browsers` language, but not html page language. I have installed Ukrainian language pack on Firefox and changed default language to it. After this manipulations reCaptcha language also have changed to this language. This mostly solves the problem for the authors, who not know English.

I’ve filed this as an enhancement request here:

2 Likes

Here is the link: http://journal.existentialpsychology.org/index.php?journal=ExPsy&page=user&op=register

Tried it from different IPs, but in vain. :confused:

One thing that is different about your config than most configs is that you are using disable_path_info. Is this due to current server limitations? Do have a way to test this in your current environment with disable_path_info as “Off”?

Set the disable_path_info to Off.

http://journal.existentialpsychology.org/index.php/ExPsy/user/register

But the problem still continues.:confused:

It seems to function correctly with respect to Google, and then fail validation within OJS. Have you made any changes to your OJS code? Are you running the latest stable OJS 3.0.1?

Version: 3.0.0.0

I haven’t made any changes to the code.

Can you replicate this problem in an upgrade or test install of OJS 3.0.1?

Hi @mithunjj,
is this problem fixed? I have same problem/error when user register. Could you please the way to overcome the problem?

Thank you

When I access your site currently, it appear that ReCAPTCHA is disabled. What does the registration form look like when it is enabled?

Hi @ctgraham,

yes, i disabled it because it will be operated by user.

this is the look when it is enabled:

and another setting i have posted ini this thread:

Thank you for your help

Do you see anything in your PHP error logs at the time of a failed registration?

I found these. oh no…what are these?

You can safely turn off the “Strict Standards” warnings for a cleaner log output. See: OJS 3.0.2 Pre-installation error when running index.php - #2 by ctgraham

Eliminating the Strict Standards warnings leaves one of interest: Warning: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0

To use ReCAPTCHA successfully, you (or your hosting provider or system administrator) will need to enable allow_url_fopen at the PHP level. This is usually done by modifying the “php.ini” file, but this will vary based on your system. Check with your hosting provider support or friendly system admin for more information.

Ok @ctgraham, i will contact the hosting provider.
I will contact you later in this thread.

Thank you