Failed Ajax request when submitting content

Good morning,

Since some days we have some problems when authors try to upload any submission.

They get the following error message"Failed Ajax request or invalid JSON returned" and when we look into the error.log we find the following information:

[04-Jul-2021 19:35:03 Europe/Madrid] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/zfnmmyht/traditionalarchitecturejournal.com/lib/pkp/classes/security/authorization/internal/SubmissionFileStageAccessPolicy.inc.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/alt/php73/usr/share/pear’) in /home/zfnmmyht/traditionalarchitecturejournal.com/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 25

Could anyone help us?

Best regards,
Guillermo Gil

Hi @GuillerrmoGil,

Can you please indicate which version you are using?

Thank you,

Roger
PKP Team

Hi!

We are using the following version:

Current version: 3.2.1.3 (February 1, 2021 - 01:33 PM)

We have not been able yet to solve the problem.

Thanks!

Hi Guillermo,

I’d try two approaches here.

First, I’d try cleaning the caches, specially templates cache.

Second, I’d check if the file /home/zfnmmyht/traditionalarchitecturejournal.com/lib/pkp/classes/security/authorization/internal/SubmissionFileStageAccessPolicy.inc.php actually exists in your filesystem. If it doesn’t, your installation might be corrupted.

If this is the case, I’d redownload the tarball from our website, expand it, and replace the missing file.

How does it sound?

Hello Janiosarmento,

Thank you very much, I will forward this information to our web developer. I will let you know if it works as soon as I get a response.

Best regards,
Guillermo

Dear Janiosarmento,

We have tried both options and the problem is still there.

Do you have any additional idea?

It happens with all the submissions. This is our website: https://www.traditionalarchitecturejournal.com/index.php/home/index

It had been working well until, at least, one month ago.

Regards,
Guillermo

Hi Guillermo,

Please, try this on an SSH session and let me know the result of the command:

ls -halt /home/zfnmmyht/traditionalarchitecturejournal.com/lib/pkp/classes/security/authorization/internal/SubmissionFileStageAccessPolicy.inc.php

(It should be one single line, despite it appears in multiple lines because the file path is quite long.)

My suspicious of a corrupted installation does not survive to your reinstallation from the download packages, so I’m thinking of some permission issue in your filesystem.

Janio

Also, I recommend you to upgrade your OJS to 3.2.1-4 ASAP. Probably, the upgrade will also fix this issue as a side effect, and at least it will fix a reported security flaw in this specific version.

https://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/ojs_download/