Facing Issue in while upgrading OJS 3.0.1 to 3.0.2

I was trying to upgrade OJS 3.0.1 to 3.0.2. However after extracting the zip and changing “installed = off” in config file when I visit {PATH}/{TO}/index.php/index/install/upgrade I am getting blank page. After setting “display_errors = On” in config file I am getting "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ReviewReportPlugin in {PATH}/{TO}/plugins/reports/reviews/ReviewReportPlugin.inc.php on line 132. How can I resolve this ?

Hi @punit,

How did you update your code? It sounds like you might have mixed some OJS 3.0.1 code in with your OJS 3.0.2. code.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I have unzipped 3.0.2 downloaded package over 3.0.1 installed package (Have excluded new config file) and changed “installed = off” in installed config file. Then after running {PATH}/{TO}/index.php/index/install/upgrade upgrade doesn’t complete.

Do we have to override new package on old one ?
OR have to delete old installation except config file and public folder and use old public folder and config file in new package ?

Hi @punit,

Try the “full package” instructions in docs/UPGRADE.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi guys!

I had the same problem. I solved it by deleting the following directory: /plugins/reports/reviews
It seems that it works :smiley: But maybe you’d better make a backup. It’s probably the old version files. I think the new directory is reviewReport.

Hi @asmecher,

That guide is bit confusing. Does it mean that we have to override new package on old one ?
OR have to delete old installation and use old public folder and config file in new package and then hit upgrade link ?

The new package replaces the the old package. Any customizations and any uploaded files in the “public” directory should be copied from the old installation to the new installation.

As an example, the docs/UPGRADE procedure describes:

• Downloading the current version and extracting it to the system. Let’s say it is extracted into directory “ojs.new”, and your existing install is in “ojs”.
  • Copy config.inc.php and public from “ojs” to “ojs.new”
  • Review config.TEMPLATE.inc.php for any new configuration directives which should be added to config.inc.php.
  • Confirm any file permissions on “ojs.new”.
  • Move “ojs” to “ojs.old” and move “ojs.new” to “ojs”.
  • Continue with “Upgrading the Database”.
1 Like

@ctgraham thanks a lot for proper description. This works perfectly.