Export of all users in OJS 3.0.2.0

I tried to export all users from OJS 3.0.2.0 and I firstly see list of users and after 20 seconds I see only blank screen without any result. Please advise

Hi @vvucic,

Did you check your PHP error log for details?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I have added
ini_set(‘display_errors’, E_ALL);
to index.php
and After clicking on Export All users I have got the following messages:
Warning: Missing argument 2 for TemporaryFileManager::downloadFile(), called in /var/sentora/hostdata/admin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/plugins/importexport/users/PKPUserImportExportPlugin.inc.php on line 159 and defined in /var/sentora/hostdata/admin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/file/TemporaryFileManager.inc.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined variable: userId in /var/sentora/hostdata/admin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/file/TemporaryFileManager.inc.php on line 66

Warning: Missing argument 2 for TemporaryFileManager::deleteFile(), called in /var/sentora/hostdata/admin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/plugins/importexport/users/PKPUserImportExportPlugin.inc.php on line 160 and defined in /var/sentora/hostdata/admin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/file/TemporaryFileManager.inc.php on line 50

Notice: Undefined variable: userId in /var/sentora/hostdata/admin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/file/TemporaryFileManager.inc.php on line 51

Fatal error: Call to a member function getServerFileName() on null in /var/sentora/hostdata/admin/public_html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/file/TemporaryFileManager.inc.php on line 53

Hi @vvucic,

Could you try applying this patch in the lib/pkp subdirectory? I’m not sure it’ll resolve the problem, but it’ll at least reduce the amount of log entry noise.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I applied patch and it exports users in xml format. when I imported that xml file into other OJS installation (the both are 3.0.2.0) I got 706 users instead of 1525. The installation of OJS in which I imported users does not have that patch.
How to check whether OJS with patch exported all users or just part of them?

Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

How are you checking how many users are in your installation/journal?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I check numbers on the bottom of page with list of users (see attach.)

When I applied patch to OJS installation into which I wanted to import previously exported users it imported them properly. So, my conclusion is that patch solves the problem of import and export of users.

I think that someone else asked for such solution so it might be good idea to point them to patch that you have done.
Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

The patch linked above is committed to the master branch, which will be released as OJS 3.1.0, so the fix will be included first in that version. If you’ve seen another thread regarding the same issue, do you have the link handy?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I Think that similar thing is here:

Hi @vvucic,

Thanks – I don’t think that’s the same, as so far the same error log messages haven’t cropped up, but mentioning it here will cause a cross-link so users can find this thread too.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

I have a similar problem. When I try to export all users from OJS 3.2.1.2, I get an error “Request Timeout”. I have around 9000 users. Thanks.