Errors on submission

We’ve got a problem where we’re getting a very long string of errors printed to the page when submitting site settings. Looks like this

js2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: unlink(/home/ewba/public_html/jhe/cache/fc-journalSettings-1.php): Permission denied In file: /home/ewba/public_html/jhe/lib/pkp/classes/cache/FileCache.inc.php At line: 57 Stacktrace: File: (unknown) line (unknown) Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(2, “unlink(/home/ewba/public_html/jhe/cache/fc-journalSettings-1.php): Permission denied”, “/home/ewba/public_html/jhe/lib/pkp/classes/cache/FileCache.inc.php”, 57, Array(0)) File: /home/ewba/public_html/jhe/lib/pkp/classes/cache/FileCache.inc.php line 57 Function: unlink("/home…

I’v turned off all error reporting using ini_set in index.php but it doesn’t change anything.

Can anyone help us to fix this?

Hi @Chang,

It looks like the file permissions in your cache directory are not set properly. Have a look at the FAQ entry on file permissions for more information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks Alec
I have played around with permissions but it didn’t make a difference. I’ve found info on file permissions in the PKP FAQ which i’ll have a go at.

Is there a way I can just hide these warnings?

Hi @Chang,

That’s not a good warning to suppress – it definitely means you need to fix your permissions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

The FAQ for file permissions is a bit buried. I looked in this forums FAQ section, and then in the docs/FAQ file as distributed with the applications, and finally found it on the wiki at: https://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/PKP_Frequently_Asked_Questions#I.27m_having_file_permission_problems.3B_how_should_I_set_file_permissions.3F

I’ve promoted this post to the forum’s FAQ:

The second link in the wiki FAQ was broken, but has been relinked.

1 Like