Errors occurred during installation A database error has occurred: Database connection failed

hello I am installing the version of ojs 3.1 with apache2 php5.6 and postgresql 9.4. After putting the initial data in the installation it gives this error: Errors occurred during installation A database error has occurred: Database connection failed
I need urgent help please

Hi @elpb,

Check your database credentials to ensure they’re valid.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I’ve done that several times. Look how the postgresql configuration should be but it still does not work.

Hi @elpb,

I would suggest checking in your PostgreSQL log to see if there are details there, e.g. logging an access attempt that was denied due to a problem with the username/password. You might also check to make sure your server is running where PHP expects to find it, e.g. on either UNIX domain sockets or IP domain.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

The problem may be with the version of postgresql that I am using? The one that installs is postgresql 9.4

Hi @elpb,

No, PostgreSQL 9.4 should be fine.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

the issue is that from the server console I can connect either by localhost with the server ip but when I start the installation of the ojs I get the connection error.

Hi @elpb,

I would suggest looking into ADODB (the database abstraction library we use) is attempting to connect to PostgreSQL, in order to remove the complexity of OJS and ADODB and reduce the problem to a PHP pg_pconnect or pg_connect call.

The connection is created in lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php in the _connect function. You could use error_log calls to trap the parameters to the pg_pconnect or pg_connect calls, then write a quick test script to try reproducing the problem outside of OJS (see http://php.net/manual/en/function.pg-pconnect.php for details on that function and some examples).

Once you’re able to get it connecting via a quick PHP script, then I’d suggest moving back into the OJS/ADODB environment for further debugging.

Regards,
Alec Smecher