Errors Installing the OJS 3

I need help interpreting these errors that show on the first page when I try to start the installation of OJS 3.0.2. I read a similar post and continued to install since someone commented that these errors are not fatal. But once I get to the point where I create a new journal, after doing so, when I try to setup the journal, a popup says, No journal in context! Please help what’s going on.

Strict Standards: Declaration of DevelopedByBlockPlugin::getSeq() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getSeq($contextId = NULL) in /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/plugins/blocks/developedBy/DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 79

Strict Standards: Declaration of DevelopedByBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/plugins/blocks/developedBy/DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 79

Strict Standards: Declaration of DevelopedByBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/plugins/blocks/developedBy/DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 79

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 146

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 148

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 150

Deprecated: Non-static method VersionCheck::getCurrentCodeVersion() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/MaintenanceForm.inc.php on line 37

Strict Standards: Non-static method Version::fromString() should not be called statically in /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/lib/pkp/classes/site/VersionCheck.inc.php on line 115

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 351

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 582

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/plugins/blocks/developedBy/DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php:79) in /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 773

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/plugins/blocks/developedBy/DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php:79) in /home4/q1w4i6u0/public_html/home/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 776

Hi @talknshare,

See e.g. OJS 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 new instalation problem - #12 by HiTech.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I tried to continue with the installation but after creating the journal, a popup says that no journal in context! Can you please help with this.

Hi @talknshare,

Is there a relevant message in your PHP error log?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I couldn’t find anything that is relevant or maybe I don’t understand. Most of it relates to the non-static method error. Can you please look at it? I cannot post the whole error log here due to character length restrictions. I have uploaded the error log on dropbox at the following link. Please let me know what I should do next: Dropbox - File Deleted

Hi @talknshare,

I don’t see anything relevant there either. Are you able to navigate to the journal’s part of the site and enter its setup area through the “Management” menu on the left-hand sidebar?

If it’s possible that the journal was not fully created, I would suggest deleting it through the Administration area and creating another.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher, I was getting that error because for the journal initials, I was using “index” which apparently did not work. After using an initial other than index, the journal installation was successful. Thank you so much for helping out with this issue. Really appreciate your time.

Hi @talknshare,

Ah, that’s a first! Yes, “index” is a reserved word; you can use pretty much anything else.

Regards,
Alec Smecher