Errores en la modificación de artículos / Errors in the modification of articles

En alguna ocasión nos pasa que cuando vamos a modificar un artículo no nos deja ya que nos dice que hay un error, el cual no nos especifica y no nos deja modificarlo.

Tal error realmente no existe, porque por ejemplo en un artículo ya guardado o publicado, queremos quitarle una palabra en el título y nos dice que no puede guardarlo corregido porque existe este error, cuando ya lo había guardado con anterioridad la plataforma con una palabra de más.
Hemos probado a ver si era un problema de permisos y tampoco. Quisiéramos saber cual es el problema, ya que no nos ocurre siempre y la solución que encontramos no es la mas apropiada, ya que hay que crear nuevamente el artículo, perdiendo la trayectoria real, comentarios, etc que guarda el original / In some occasion it happens to us that when we are going to modify an article it does not let us since it says to us that there is an error, which does not specify to us and it does not let us modify it.
Such an error does not really exist, because for example in an article already saved or published, we want to remove a word in the title and it tells us that it cannot save it corrected because there is this error, when the platform had already saved it previously with one word too many.
We have tried to see if it was a permissions problem and neither. We would like to know what the problem is, since it does not always happen to us and the solution we found is not the most appropriate, since we have to create the article again, losing the real path, comments, etc. that the original saves.

Si alguien pudiera ayudarme se lo agradecería / If someone could help me I would appreciate it.
Un saludo/ Best regards

Ana

Hello @Anita69,

Can you please indicate which version of OJS (e.g. 3.3.0-8) that you are using (please include this in your posts as it assists with troubleshooting)? Where exactly are you editing this information?

-Roger
PKP Team

Buenas tardes:
La versión que utilizamos es 3.3.0.11
Donde se produce el error es en la corrección de artículo ya publicado que retiramos de publicación para modificar una palabra en el título.
Estaría en Envío- Ver- Publicación (retiramos de publicación) quitamos una palabra del título y resumen y al dar a guardar nos da ese error.
Un saludo
Ana

Good afternoon:
The version we are using is 3.3.0.11.
Where the error occurs is in the correction of already published article that we removed from publication to modify a word in the title.
It would be in Archives- View- Publication (unpublish) we remove a word from the title and summary and when we hit save we get that error.
Best regards
Ana

Hi @Anita69,

It’s difficult for me to say exactly, but I’m wondering if it might be an issue with your language settings. I’ll make a quick reference to this document which gives some good advice: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/metadata-practices/en/issue-article-metadata#article-level-metadata

One language per field. As we’ve addressed already in this document, if you have any multilingual metadata in your journal you should make sure that it lives in its own language-specific form. Check to make sure that, in the Languages settings, you’ve enabled all forms for submission-appropriate languages. Make sure to review author-entered metadata in all configured languages before publishing.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @Anita69,

It’s also possible that your web server has security rules that are mistakenly preventing OJS from saving the metadata, depending on what kind of wording is in the metadata fields. There are two ways you could tell if that’s the case:

• Check the web browser’s inspection tools, in the “Network” tab, to see what kind of server response the web server is returning when you attempt to save the updated metadata. If you see a 403 Forbidden response, it is likely a server-side security tool (outside of OJS) that is preventing the metadata from being saved.
  • Check the web server’s Apache logs (or equivalent) to see if a security rule is being flagged there.

In order to eliminate any OJS-based problem, you can check to see if anything relevant is logged in the server’s PHP error log when you attempt to save the metadata.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Good morning:
I have received a reply from the server and they tell me that the error obtained is a response code 400, which means Bad Request, it is not a 403 code nor does it indicate a permissions error.
Let me know. Best regards

Buenos días:
e han contestado desde el servidor y me comentan que el error obtenido es un código de respuesta 400, que significa Bad Request, no es un código 403 ni indica error de permisos.
Ya me decís. Un saludo
Ana

Dear Sirs:
On the 30th I have to upload the new issue of our magazine and we were reviewing and revising all the articles that are going to be in it so that they carry the same format. However with the exception of two that we have uploaded by quicksumib the rest give us the error specified in this thread. So we have detected that it occurs in the submission made by authors and only in the title and abstract section. It has been tested the modification being the articles in different periods of the process and we have not yet managed to find one that lets us modify it. We have looked at the logs as we were told and I have also looked at the language, but the fields are filled in. If I generate the articles again I am going to lose all the logs, comments, tests for each one. Could you help me. Thanks

Estimados señores:
El día 30 tengo que subir el nuevo número de nuestra revista y estábamos revisando y modificando todos los artículos que van a salir en ella para que lleven el mismo formato. Sin embargo a excepción de dos que hemos subido por quicksumib el resto nos da el error especificado en este hilo. Por lo que hemos detectado que se da en el envío hecho por autores y sólo en el apartado de título y resumen. Se ha probado la modificación estando los artículos en distintos periodos del proceso y todavía no hemos conseguido dar con una que nos deje modificarlo. Hemos mirado los logs como nos dijeron y también he mirado lo del idioma, pero los campos están rellenos. Si genero nuevamente los artículos voy a perder todos los registros, comentarios, pruebas de cada uno. Podrían ayudarme. Gracias

Good afternoon:
I have been reviewing the thread in this Forum and I have done several tests, since it was not server issue I have tried with languages and I have found the solution. The problem is that the Locales field of these articles is registered as null and not as es_Es, at the moment you modify the field in the base, they can be modified without problems./Buenas tardes:
He estado revisando el hilo de este Foro y he hecho varias pruebas, ya que no era tema del servidor he probado con los idiomas y he encontrado la solución. El problema es que el campo Locales de estos artículos está registrado como null y no como es_Es, en el momento que modificas el campo en la base, se pueden modificar sin problemas.

Now my question is, what do the authors do so that this field is not filled, or if we have configured something wrong in the platform that makes this field is not filled. I have two fields to fill in with the language in the form, could you tell me if I should remove one and which of the two gives the problem./Ahora mi consulta es, que hacen los autores para que no se rellene este campo, o si es que hemos configurado algo mal en la plataforma que haga que no se rellene este campo. Tengo dos campos para rellenar con el idioma en el formulario, podrían decirme si debo quitar uno y cual de los dos da el problema.

I would appreciate your help. Best regards/Agradecería la ayuda. Un saludo
Ana