Error while trying to edit an xml file using Texture plugin

I have installed the OJS 3.4.0.4. on the server,

The problem I have is with the plugin Texture JATS XML editor integration for OJS. I installed this plugin from GitHub - pkp/texture: Texture JATS XML editor integration for OJS.

In the production step, I upload a basic xml and then try to edit it with “Edit with Texture”. No file is open. I get the following error:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class “AppLocale” not found in /XXX/XXX/public_html/journals/plugins/generic/texture/TextureHandler.inc.php:452
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: TextureHandler->editor(Array, Object(APP\core\Request))
#1 /home4/molecup9/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.php(334): call_user_func(Array, Array, Object(APP\core\Request))
#2 /hXXX/XXX/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.php(277): PKP\core\PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(APP\core\Request), Array, false)
#3 /XXX/XXX/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.php(165): PKP\core\PKPPageRouter->route(Object(APP\core\Request))
#4 /XXX/XXX/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.php(388): PKP\core\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(APP\core\Request))
#5 /XXX/XXX/public_html/journals/index.php(21): PKP\core\PKPApplication->execute()
#6 {main}
thrown in /XXX/XXX/public_html/journals/plugins/generic/texture/TextureHandler.inc.php on line 452

Has anyone had a similar experience? Please note that I do not have experience with debugging.

Thank you

Hi @mazenhammadi,

This hasn’t been tested and released for 3.4 - only for 3.3. @Dulip_Withanage may be able to speak to if there are plans for a 3.4 release.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank you for your reply. However, if you check the page where the plugin is available GitHub - pkp/texture: Texture JATS XML editor integration for OJS you would notice that there are “Partial updates for 3.4.0”. I thought this would refer to compatibility with OJS 3.4, am I right? Is there currently any available alternative plugin to produce XML files for the published papers?

Hi @mazenhammadi,

Yes - that would indicate that some updates and progress have been made towards making it compatible with 3.4, but, if you look at the releases here: Releases · pkp/texture · GitHub - that is where one will see if there is a new release that has been fully tested in 3.4, but there is none yet. Typically, you need to assess the compatibility of a plugin before installing it. The safest way to do this is through installing it in the plugin gallery: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/plugin-inventory/en/#find-a-plugin-compatible-with-your-software-version

I’m afraid I’m not aware of an alternative plugin. I know that plans are in the work to develop something, but nothing is available just yet.

-Roger
PKP Team

Is Open Source Academic Publishing Suite OS-APS: Open Source Academic Publishing Suite a good option to be used to generate JATS XML for OJS?

1 Like

Hi @mazenhammadi ,
sorry for delay! I have plans to test the texture plugin for OJS 3.4 until end the of the month!

Hello Dulip_Withanage,
Thank you so much for your reply. That would be great! Do you the end of April (today is the 30th) or May?