Error while installing ojs version 3.1.1.2 warning file_put_content on centos 7

Capture i got this error while installing ojs version 3.1.1.2 on my server. i have changed the permission of public, cache, config.inc.php, as per the guide of ojs installation. however when i browse, i get this error.
help me please!

Hi @dwangdi,

This is an issue with file permissions in your cache directory. See How should file permissions be set? - #15 by marc for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher
I have changed the permission of cache (and sub folders), public and config.inc.php to 755 for user root, but i still get this error. by referring past question answers in this forum, i aslo disabled the selinux but couldn’t solve this, however i gave 757 to the cache and the installation page appears. will that work or is that insecure?

Hi @dwangdi,

The problem is likely file ownership, not just numeric permissions. The final 7 in 757 is very likely an unsafe configuration – useful for testing but not safe for production. If you get your file ownership correct you can probably go back to 755.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

HI @asmecher
i have changed the owner of those files from root to apache and gave 755 , it worked. will that be unsafe to change the ownership?

Hi @dwangdi,

File ownership set to apache and permissions of 755 is a pretty normal configuration if your sever uses mod_php. It’s fairly secure, though mod_php is inherently not totally ideal since all accounts on a shared server run using the same apache user.

Regards,
Alec Smecher