Error when trying to edit contributor: "Failed Ajax request or invalid JSON returned" [OJS 3.2.1.1]

Dear community,

today we upgraded from OJS 3.1.2.4 to 3.2.1.1. Most things work right away.
But after some testing I noticed the following error: I can’t edit a contributor in the List of Contributors (Submission → Publication → Contributors). After clicking the Edit button the error message “Failed Ajax request or invalid JSON returned” appears.

Anmerkung 2020-07-14 124952

I have looked at the error.log, here the following error message appears:

[14-Jul-2020 13:02:29 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bindtextdomain() in /home/suburban/public_html/sys/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/AbstractDatabase.php:87

Stack trace:

#0 /home/suburban/public_html/sys/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/AbstractDatabase.php(46): Sokil\IsoCodes\AbstractDatabase->bindGettextDomain()

#1 /home/suburban/public_html/sys/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/IsoCodesFactory.php(65): Sokil\IsoCodes\AbstractDatabase->__construct(NULL)

#2 /home/suburban/public_html/sys/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/author/form/PKPAuthorForm.inc.php(134): Sokil\IsoCodes\IsoCodesFactory->getCountries()

#3 /home/suburban/public_html/sys/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/author/AuthorGridHandler.inc.php(309): PKPAuthorForm->fetch(Object(Request))

#4 /home/suburban/public_html/sys/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(391): AuthorGridHandler->editAuthor(Array, Object(Request))

#5 /home/suburban/public_html/sys/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitiali in /home/suburban/public_html/sys/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/AbstractDatabase.php on line 87

What could be the cause of this error?

Thank you for your help.

All the best,
Michael

Hi @adm_sub,

See e.g.: The 500 error in registration page

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,

thank you very much! I have installed the PHP extension gettext. Now I can edit the contributors in the list of contributors menu.

Warm regards,
Michael

1 Like