Error upgrading from 3.0.2 to 3.3.0-6

Hi again,

fatal error upgrading from 3.0.2 to 3.3.0-6:

Blockquote[code: Installer Installer::fixGenreIdInFileNames]
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: A file assigned to the file stage 7 could not be migrated. in /var/www/html/classes/install/Upgrade.inc.php:1209
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/classes/install/Upgrade.inc.php(657): Upgrade->_fileStageToPath()
#1 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(444): Upgrade->fixGenreIdInFileNames()
#2 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(251): Installer->executeAction()
#3 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(174): Installer->executeInstaller()
#4 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/cliTool/UpgradeTool.inc.php(89): Installer->execute()
#5 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/cliTool/UpgradeTool.inc.php(65): UpgradeTool->upgrade()
#6 /var/www/html/tools/upgrade.php(22): UpgradeTool->execute()
#7 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/classes/install/Upgrade.inc.php on line 1209

My genres table:

My files folder have propper permissions.

Please help.

Hi @spotter-ssol, thanks for reporting and providing the backtrace. @asmecher this file stage, 7, is SUBMISSION_FILE_FAIR_COPY. It looks like a few file stages were dropped from an upgrade method in one place but not another:

Am I right in thinking that the list in Upgrade.inc.php should look like the list in the 3.3 migration? If so, I can file a bug.

Hi @NateWr , just for the record, I managed to upgrade this instalation by first upgrading to version 3.1.2 and then to 3.3.0-6. There were errors (have to delete 3 citations related to a deleted user), but already covered by another post in this forum.

2 Likes