Error message in apache log/error file

I found in my apache log error file a number of error messages like this:
WARNING: Unable to find a match for “577-1110-1-??.pdf” in “C:/xampp/htdocs/ojsdata/journals/1//articles/577/”. Skipping this file., referer: http://localhost/ojs/index.php/index/install/upgrade

What might be issue in that case?

Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

The upgrade process attempts to rename/move files in order to complete the upgrade. These warnings suggest that OJS was expecting a file to be in a certain location in order to move it, but couldn’t find it there. Did you already run an upgrade and attempt a second without restoring your files directory from backup? That’s a likely explanation for why files wouldn’t be where they’re expected – in that case they might be already moved.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I used back up of data that was in ojsdata folder and done upgrade once and then again without unpacking backup archive again. I guess I should replace folder with data that was used and unpack backup archive and try again. Right?

Hi @vvucic,

If you didn’t receive warnings about missing files the first time you ran the upgrade, then all the files will have been successfully moved into their new locations. Running it a second time will cause warnings because the files will have already been moved, but it won’t halt the upgrade or cause problems, so if that’s the case then you can ignore those warnings the second time.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team