Error during upgrade from 33014 to 3.4

this is the error when i lunch the upgrade

Errors occurred during installation:

• A database error has occurred: Exception: There are one or more log files that were unable to finish processing. This happens when the scheduled task to process usage stats logs encounters a failure of some kind. These logs must be repaired and reprocessed or removed before the upgrade can continue. The logs can be found in the folders reject, processing and stage in /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/files/usageStats. in /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/migration/upgrade/v3_4_0/PreflightCheckMigration.php:220 Stack trace: #0 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/migration/upgrade/v3_4_0/PreflightCheckMigration.php(46): PKP\migration\upgrade\v3_4_0\PreflightCheckMigration->checkUsageStatsLogs() #1 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.php(463): PKP\migration\upgrade\v3_4_0\PreflightCheckMigration->up() #2 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.php(294): PKP\install\Installer->executeAction() #3 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.php(209): PKP\install\Installer->executeInstaller() #4 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/UpgradeForm.php(49): PKP\install\Installer->execute() #5 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.php(148): PKP\install\form\UpgradeForm->execute() #6 [internal function]: PKP\pages\install\InstallHandler->installUpgrade() #7 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.php(334): call_user_func() #8 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.php(277): PKP\core\PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest() #9 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.php(165): PKP\core\PKPPageRouter->route() #10 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.php(373): PKP\core\Dispatcher->dispatch() #11 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/index.php(21): PKP\core\PKPApplication->execute() #12 {main}

where is the problem?
thanks a lot to evertything

Hi @simgiallorosso
what version of php are you using?

About this:

Exception: There are one or more log files that were unable to finish processing. This happens when the scheduled task to process usage stats logs encounters a failure of some kind.

Try to repair them, or if you are testing, remove those files and update again.
And tell us what happened.

PHP 8.0.28

delete log file from here
The logs can be found in the folders reject, processing and stage in /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/files/usageStats. in

now i have this error

• A database error has occurred: Exception: A default database engine MyISAM isn’t supported, expecting InnoDB. Please change the default database engine to InnoDB to run the upgrade. in /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/migration/upgrade/v3_4_0/PreflightCheckMigration.php:327 Stack trace: #0 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/migration/upgrade/v3_4_0/PreflightCheckMigration.php(51): PKP\migration\upgrade\v3_4_0\PreflightCheckMigration->checkForeignKeySupport() #1 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.php(463): PKP\migration\upgrade\v3_4_0\PreflightCheckMigration->up() #2 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.php(294): PKP\install\Installer->executeAction() #3 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.php(209): PKP\install\Installer->executeInstaller() #4 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/UpgradeForm.php(49): PKP\install\Installer->execute() #5 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.php(148): PKP\install\form\UpgradeForm->execute() #6 [internal function]: PKP\pages\install\InstallHandler->installUpgrade() #7 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.php(334): call_user_func() #8 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.php(277): PKP\core\PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest() #9 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.php(165): PKP\core\PKPPageRouter->route() #10 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.php(373): PKP\core\Dispatcher->dispatch() #11 /web/htdocs/amq.aiqua.it/home/backup33014/index.php(21): PKP\core\PKPApplication->execute() #12 {main}

I have read on other posts and github about the innodb issue.
Could you please let me know how to fix this? I’m sorry but I’m not a sysadmin

in this git hub talking about the solution.
but where i have tu copy this text?
in config.inc.php in database settings?

is correct here?
because not change nothing

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Database Settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[database]

; Database engine
; Override this setting if you operate in a shared hosting environment and are unable to run
; OJS on the server’s default database engine.
; InnoDB is the recommended database engine for MariaDB/MySQL

engine = InnoDB
driver = mysqli
host = “89.xx.xxx.xxx”
username = Sqlxxxxxx
password = xxxxxx
name = Sql10xxxxx_4

another question. on my db do i have to change for all tables from MyIsam to Innodb? or is it not necessary because it does with the update? I ask you because I tried this too but the upgrade always gives the same error

i tried to redo the update using patch 3.4.0-1 but i still get the error

A database error has occurred: Exception: A default database engine MyISAM isn’t supported, expecting InnoDB. Please change the default database engine to InnoDB to run the upgrade

how do i set this innodb?

Hi @simgiallorosso,

I see you’ve also asked this question elsewhere on the forum. Please just ask each question once; it’ll help avoid duplicating support effort.

For help on the MyISAM issue, try searching this forum for MyISAM; you’ll find links to information on e.g. StackOverflow that’ll help you convert your database from MyISAM to InnoDB. This is actually more of a MySQL question than an OJS question, so there are good resources elsewhere.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I’m sorry but they are two separate requests for two different installations that are giving different errors. for the conversion of the db from myisam to innodb, I have already done it through phpmyadmin and I inserted what was reported on github in the config.inc.php file, but unfortunately the error has not changed. I was wondering for this if I put engine = InnoDB in the right file and in the right location. Can you give me some pointers on this please?

thanks for your advice. the db vendor help desk informed me that the mysql 5.6 i have cannot be setup in innodb unlike the 5.7 version they will now migrate to. fingers crossed

1 Like

Hi all,

I have updated the base requirement to MySQL 5.7 in our documentation. Note that MySQL 5.7 is the oldest supported version of MySQL, and even that will reach end-of-life soon (in October 2023); servers using anything older than MySQL 5.7 should definitely upgrade.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team