Error during installation

A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory (SQL: create table announcement_types (type_id bigint not null auto_increment primary key, assoc_type smallint not null, assoc_id bigint not null) default character set utf8 collate ‘utf8_general_ci’)

Hello @Chibu,

Can you please indicate the software and version number that you are using please? As well, if you could provide some additional context: when does this error occur (e.g. at what point during the installation process), and what steps have you tried to resolve it?

-Roger
PKP Team

The software and version are OJS 3.3.0-5. I am installing the software on a macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 for the very first time and I get the error when I hit the “install Open Journal System” button.

Read online to ensure DB_HOST = localhost in the .env file. I checked the config.inc.php file and in there DB_HOST = localhost. That’s all I’ve done so far.

Hi @rcgillis

The software and version are OJS 3.3.0-5. I am installing the software on a macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 for the very first time and I get the error when I hit the “install Open Journal System” button.

Read online to ensure DB_HOST = localhost in the .env file. I checked the config.inc.php file and in there DB_HOST = localhost. That’s all I’ve done so far.

Hi @Chibu,

This error message usually indicates that mysql server isn’t running or something is wrong with the database configuration.

@Vitaliy

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the server?

Check if MySQL (or other supported server) is running ssh - How to check if MySQL server is working or not? - Server Fault.
Check if credentials are correct, you are able to login with those and have sufficient permissions to manage the database that is created for OJS

@Vitaliy

its still not installing.

What database driver you are selecting in installation config?

@Vitaliy

The database driver I’m choosing is MySQL

For PHP versions 7+ It should be mysqli