Error disignate submission OJS 3.1.0-1

Good afternoon,

Since we upgraded our version of OJS to version 3.1.0.1, we are experiencing problems with submissions.
The problem occurs mostly in submissions pending designation.
When I click on the article, on the right side where it should appear options regarding the submission, only appears loading, according to the image that I am attaching.241e9c4287e1184cc6e7810f52feb3b29e0dafc3

In addition, in the apache error logs, 2 situations appear that caught my attention, according to the following log:

Undefined variable: lastRecommendation in /var/www/html/php5-instance/ojs/lib/pkp/pages/workflow/PKPWorkflowHandler.inc.php on line 338, referer: https://periodicos.uniformg.edu.br:21011/periodicos/index.php/conexaociencia/workflow/index/898/1
Undefined variable: allRecommendations in /var/www/html/php5-instance/ojs/lib/pkp/pages/workflow/PKPWorkflowHandler.inc.php on line 339, referer: https://periodicos.uniformg.edu.br:21011/periodicos/index.php/conexaociencia/workflow/index/898/1

When I access this php file, I look for the line with error and I put the variable with the value null, Loading does not appear anymore, however, the buttons that should appear do not appear.

Is anyone else going through this problem?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Please post phperror log too.

Hi @Julio_Leal,

Are your PHP error messages configured to be sent to the browser as well as the log? (This is generally the display_errors setting in your PHP configuration.)

If it is, then please disable it so that error messages go only to the log. Otherwise the messages will interfere with AJAX responses from the server, and you’ll see components of the page not loading.

I believe those two warnings are cosmetic (and already fixed for the next release). Once they’re directed to the log file only, they should stop interfering.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you @asmecher.

the display_errors was already off.
I think it’s a bug in this version. Do you have any idea when a new one will be released?

Hi @Julio_Leal,

OJS 3.1.1 will be released with in a week or two. However, I’d suggest using your browser’s developer toolset to check the response from the server that should be presenting the decision buttons – I suspect you’ll find the warning message embedded in the JSON response.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team