Error 500 on OAI List Records Request

Hello,

I am receiving HTTP ERROR 500 upon requesting OAI list records on OAI 2.0 Request Results page. Other options, i.e., Identify | ListSets | ListMetadataFormats | ListIdentifiers show up.

Related error log:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: strip_tags(): Argument #1 ($string) must be of type string, array given in /plugins/metadata/dc11/filter/Dc11SchemaArticleAdapter.inc.php:188\nStack trace:\n#0 /plugins/metadata/dc11/filter/Dc11SchemaArticleAdapter.inc.php(188): strip_tags(Array)\n#1 /lib/pkp/classes/metadata/MetadataDataObjectAdapter.inc.php(266): Dc11SchemaArticleAdapter->extractMetadataFromDataObject(Object(Submission))\n#2 /lib/pkp/classes/filter/Filter.inc.php(449): MetadataDataObjectAdapter->process(Object(Submission))\n#3 /lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php(460): Filter->execute(Object(Submission))\n#4 /lib/pkp/plugins/oaiMetadataFormats/dc/PKPOAIMetadataFormat_DC.inc.php(22): DataObject->extractMetadata(Object(Dc11Sc…', referer:

I am using OJS 3.3.0.14, php 8.2.3.

Thanks.

I have further tested this error and switching from php 8.2 to 7.4 helped, the ListRecords type of request shows the items.

Is there another solution apart from downgrading PHP?

I have the same problem after upgrading my server.

I haven’t been investigating it extensively, but apart from php version I noticed that when I downgraded php the OPcache was causing many problems with proper OJS operation (e.g., plugin settings couldn’t be saved). On the other hand, with php 8.2 (and OPcache enabled or disabled) I couldn’t open settings for many plugins (json error popped up) and had the OAI issue mentioned above, this is why I stayed with lower php for now. So maybe try disabling/enabling OPcache on your server and test on OJS.

Hi all,

For cases where you see the following message in your log:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: strip_tags(): Argument #1 ($string) must be of type string, array given in /plugins/metadata/dc11/filter/Dc11SchemaArticleAdapter.inc.php:188

You can patch your installation (or upgrade to 3.3.0-16 or 3.4.0-2 or newer, when those are released) with the patches listed on this issue:

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.