Encouraging authors to recommend reviewers

Hi All

To encourage the authors of a paper to recommend some reviewer, I use https://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1974, but this answer is to old that can’t stand with 2.4.6.0 and get the error pages… Please suggest how i can use this function in newer versions

I got following error
`Fatal error: Cannot redeclare requestReviewersRecommend() (previously declared in //public_html/pages/sectionEditor/SectionEditorHandler.inc.php:306) in //public_html/classes/submission/sectionEditor/SectionEditorAction.inc.php on line 2482

`Thanks

Muqeet Soomro

It sounds like you are declaring these functions outside of the classes SectionEditorAction and SectionEditorHandler.

The code change described on the old forum assumes that these functions are methods of those classes, not standalone procedural functions. (Note the call syntax of SubmissionEditHandler::requestReviewersRecommend($args); and if (SectionEditorAction::requestReviewersRecommend($submission, $send)) {.

Please suggest the what I do? I have little bit information

Making and maintaining these changes will require familiarity with coding, particularly with object-oriented PHP. Are you comfortable with PHP programming? If not, you will want to solicit the assistance of a colleague or friend who is.

If you are new to programming and want to learn more, there are a number of resources on the web: