Empty title abstract references

please someone help me, got some problems, when I try to save the title abstract or even references, it won’t get saved, like empty place happens.

I also had the same problem, waiting for help

Hi @Fahed_ja and @stellaa9x,

Can you specify OJS version that you are using?
Is there something relevant in PHP logs and browser console?
Can you describe the problem in more details (error messages, screenshots, etc)?

OJS 3, without any errors

Can you also specify a minor version and revision? E.g., OJS 3.1.2

What happens when you try to save abstract or references? Also, there should be something in logs, can you confirm that when you saving the form, nothing appears in the browser console or PHP log?

Thank you for helping, our ojs is 3.1.1. no, nothing appears in browser, just empty

Hi @Fahed_ja,

Can’t reproduce it on 3.1.1-1 and don’t see that this version had problems with saving forms that you specified. There should be something in logs, either browser’s console or PHP logs. I’m wondering why they are empty:

1. Can you inspect PHP log just after saving the form (when the issue happens), what messages do you see there? If nothing appears, configure php.ini to show all kinds of errors.
  2. Inspect the page with browser’s dev tools. If using Google Chome, it’s network tab. Open it and save the form. You were mentioning Submission and Publication Metadata form. Request headers for it should look like:
POST /index.php/ojs/$$$call$$$/tab/issue-entry/issue-entry-tab/save-form HTTP/1.1

Normally I would expect the response looking like:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 06:17:11 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

no logs, something like this happens

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-31 at 12.06.23 AM